Re: Paxson's AM/FM superduopolies

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Bill Piacentini wrote:

> It makes me sick to think the old Boston Herald-Traveler had to relinquish
> their channel 5 license! Well I guess the FCC would get upset if Paxson
> started publishing the Miami Herald! Yeah, sure!

  Don't get me started on that one......all the hearings aside, what
happened was the Globe and the Kennedy's got in bed together to get back
at the Chote family.
Isn't it "interesting" that the FCC never bothered the Chicago Tribune
(WGN and WPIX)
 Then Boston Broadcasters (who promised they never would) sells off a few
years later to Metromedia who then sells it to Murdoch who in turns sells
it to Hearst (who wound up with the Herald goodwill) and then Hearst sells
the Herald to Murdoch....... what a joke