Re: Daily DX

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> >800  CJAD Montreal, PQ
>
> Really? Not CKLW? What is your QTH? CKLW is really strong throughout New
> York State (including New York City) and much of New England at night. If
> you look at the directional pattern, it makes perfect sense.

And Kevin Vahey added:
>  I have noticed in the past couple of years that CJAD can be heard most
>nights in the Cambridge/Somerville area. (The only reason I know this is
>they are one of the few stations that carry Tom Snyder)

I can remember many nights years ago in southern CT when I'd pick up CKLW
very easily.  When I'd try to null it, I'd usually get nothing, and
occasionally got PJB Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles.  But New Haven's a lot
farther west than Somerville.

I haven't tried in a while, so I don't know what I'd get from Medford.

Ed Hennessy