Re: Buffalo Bob

On Sun, 11 May 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> Buffalo Bob was at one time on the NBC Radio Network as an announcer. (So
> was Fred B. Cole, and so were a number of other folks.  NBC and CBS often
> expropriated talent from their affiliates in the 1930s and 1940s...) By the
> way, I recall seeing a cool web page dedicated to Buffalo Bob, who is still
> very much alive and living somewhere in the midwest, I believe...

Flat Rock, North Carolina.

> Anyway, Buffalo Bob got his start in Buffalo (of course) with WGR in 1942 or
> so. He moved to the network sometime in 1946, and television beckoned not
> long after.  he originally began on radio doing songs and comedy, and a good
> biography of him "Say Kids What Time Is It" is still in print...

According to Buffalo Bob's autobiography, he started with WBEN, then went
to WGR, and finally back to WBEN.  What are these stations now?

"Say Kids What Time Is It," by Stephen Davis is a good book, but it has
its share of inaccuracies.  Buffalo Bob's own autobiography is called
"Howdy and Me."

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/