Re: Buffalo Bob

Buffalo Bob was at one time on the NBC Radio Network as an announcer. (So
was Fred B. Cole, and so were a number of other folks.  NBC and CBS often
expropriated talent from their affiliates in the 1930s and 1940s...) By the
way, I recall seeing a cool web page dedicated to Buffalo Bob, who is still
very much alive and living somewhere in the midwest, I believe...

Anyway, Buffalo Bob got his start in Buffalo (of course) with WGR in 1942 or
so. He moved to the network sometime in 1946, and television beckoned not
long after.  he originally began on radio doing songs and comedy, and a good
biography of him "Say Kids What Time Is It" is still in print...