Re: Can any of you explain this?

Regarding Lorring AFB, when I consulted in Presque Isle in the early 1980s,
the base was indeed part of our audience-- my recollection is that it was
WAY up in northern Maine... but I thought its use had been severely
curtailed since the last round of base closings, so perhaps somebody was
trying to come up with a new use for it-- hey, let's build a radio station
there!!!  (Beavers and bears do get diaries, don't they???) The Presque
Isle-Caribou market actually used to be quite competitive, but then both the
Canadian and American economies took a hit, and the result was a number of
stations going dark... I can't picture ANYONE building a new station there
when the existing ones are still having problems being financially viable...