Re: Time oddity (DST)...PSAR's...

<< >
 >And WE are not even near the western end of the time zone like those in,
 >say, Ohio, where the sun sets amost 60 minutes later on their clock, ET.
 >Summers, EDT sunrise is around six and sunset is as late as 9:30 (great for
 >that time of year) but in winter, EST, kids go to school in the dark as
 >late as 8:15.  Imagine EDT all year with sunrise around 9 AM!  Daytimers
 >without presunrise licenses would miss AM drive altogether.

 The FCC came to the rescue of the daytimers and moved the starting time of
 PSRAs to 6:00 AM local time. Even daytimers that were not entitled to PSRAs
 got them during that period and were allowed to sign on (though not at full
 daytime power) one hour before the artificially-late sunrise.

Didn't this really come under fire when we had the errr...."energy
crisis"...???

When we set the clocks back one *more* hour....in some sort of effort to save
energy?  Most of the daytimers were really left in the (ahem) dark....

I think that's when the FCC started giving out PSRA's.....

Many of the daytimers screamed cuz with the PSA power....a lot of them
couldn't be heard across the street...