Re: Time oddity (DST)

> And a tribute to the foresight of our elected Congresspersons is that
none
> of them foresaw that kids would be going to school in the dark in January
> until it actually happened. Like they never heard of almanacs!

And WE are not even near the western end of the time zone like those in,
say, Ohio, where the sun sets amost 60 minutes later on their clock, ET.
Summers, EDT sunrise is around six and sunset is as late as 9:30 (great for
that time of year) but in winter, EST, kids go to school in the dark as
late as 8:15.  Imagine EDT all year with sunrise around 9 AM!  Daytimers
without presunrise licenses would miss AM drive altogether.