the WLAW mystery continues

In my earlier history of WLAW/WVDA, etc, I had a date of January 13, 1938 as
the date of their license, but since they went on the air for their first
broadcast and dedication on 20 December 1937, somebody's files are obviously
wrong.  I'm off to the library to see what I can find.  These little things
may seem like trivia to some of the newer list members, but the Boston Radio
Archives is perhaps the most accurate I have seen (and I've seen many others
from other cities), which is thanks largely to Garrett, Peter and Scott, and
even a small discrepency will be looked into as soon as it is discovered!!!
In the case of the WLAW history, there seem to be a number of questions.  I
will try to find some answers!!!