reminiscing about Boston radio

Since stations like WVDA and WORL keep coming up, I thought I would bring
back a few memories with what you would have heard back in May of 1954:
Norm Prescott was doing afternoon drive on WORL; opposite him on WVDA was
Ken Malden (he would later go to WILD, while Prescott would become one of
the "Live Five" on WBZ).  At night, Norm Tulin held down the fort at WORL,
while WVDA had Paul Harvey (!)-- yes, he was on even back then-- and then a
jazz show and some network programming (Bing Crosby, for example).  On WMEX,
there was Jay McMaster in afternoon drive; WHDH had Bob Clayton's Boston
Ballroom.  And do any of you recall the "Hayloft Jamboree"?  WCOP was
running it in May of 1954...  (Oh, speaking of WMEX-- they were broadcasting
Pro Wrestling at night!!!  And if that didn't excite you, WVDA offered late
nights with Sherm Feller, and WCOP had Symphony Sid...)

As for Vic Diehm (WVDA-- that's what the call letters stood for-- Vic Diehm
Associates), he had a long history of owning or running stations in Maryland
and Pennsylvania.  How he got involved with Boston radio, I am still trying
to find out.  Perhaps Dan or Joe knows something about this...