Re: Legal IDs and the FCC

Hello:

WXKS-AM, when I was there in 84-85 had a different ID, which just became
legal to do at the time.   Since we had the changed COL to Everett, my idea
was to say "WXKS, Everett, with studios in Medford."    We had just changed
COL with an ID as "Everett" only and many Medfordites rose a stink over it.
 So, we placated them by doing the 'studios' addition.    So, why not BOSTON,
too?    With that format, it wasn't necessary to try to be a big Boston
blaster, imagewise.  People kind of accepted that this was
Medford-old-peoples' music.

- ----jibguy