Re: WVBF

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, PETER GEORGE, N1GGP wrote:
>      One major headache for WVBF was the WKOX/1190 (now 1200) tower had
> a tendency to fall after every snowstorm.  The 'VBF STL was mounted
> on the KOX tower.  NO STL, NO 'VBF.  One time in 1976 when the tower
> fell, WBZ loaned 'VBF their "Incredible Broadcasting Machine" or

Didn't their tower fall again during Hurricane Gloria in 1985?  I heard
that it fell right through the studio.  What did they use for a studio
while repairs were made?

Alexander R Svirsky  N1PRW    _______-~,    University of Massachusetts
asvirsky@student.umass.edu   /_______ {     __________Amherst__________
                                     \,}_)