Legal IDs and the FCC

<<On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:29:47 -0400, mwaters@wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) said:

>         Then, of course, there's the all-inclusive ID. My favorite here at
> the moment is WRCH, New Britain-Hartford-Springfield-New Haven. They use
> that for a spoken ID. The jingle version is just New Britain-Hartford. The
> jingle company probably recommends against trying to sing four cities . . .

The jingle company is JAM, I believe.  The same jingle is used at WYJB
in Albany (``DOUBLE-you-WHY-jay-BEE eff-em-Albany, BEE ninety-five
point five'').  I've heard it in a couple of other places that I can't
remember off-hand.  Putting in more cities would ruin the rhythm of
the track, I'm sure.

(It would have been a good jingle for the old WYSR in Waterbury,
too...  Scott will probably now chime in with the station in Utica
which doesn't use it but ought to...)

- -GAWollman

- --