The Boston Globe's TV/Radio "Reporter".....

On 26 April 1997 at 1:10 pm, you wrote:

>just, as I said earlier, the Globe does not see radio as a
>priority... I wish they would change their mind about this.

Well, many people who believe in their causes I am sure would love to see
their catagory of interest seen as a priority too. What we all should be
striving is for the Glboe to accurately report on the industry, as the word
"priority" is subjective. Being one who has been in the newspaper field for
a decent amount of time, including some time editing sports sections, I can
tell you not every beat can be a "priority". However, a newspaper staff
generally strives for accurate reporting and editors don't like to see
inaccurate reporting, and the Globe is pretty strict on this.
Unfortunately, on this topic they know so little on the field (as does most
of the public, which is amazing) that they are unable to see Susan
Bicklehaupt's inaccuracies.

And just another note: When you are a reporter on a beat, whether you write
periodically or daily, you do everything you can to get background on that
area, i.e. talk to past reporters, people in the industry for a long time.
It appears that Susan has not even attempted to do that.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting