RE: WORL (was 1957 airstaffs)

Joe wrote:
>Huh?  Something's not right here.  The change to WROL was in 1978, so how
>did that have anything to do with the 1940s controversy?

According to an interview I read with the GM, the station had wanted to get
back the original calls for YEARS.  I have no idea why.  Perhaps
nostalgia... (Ken Carter finally got the calls in 1978; they had belonged to
a station in Kentucky for a long while...)

Also, in a previous e-mail, I said the old owner was George LaFount.
Wrong-o; it was Harold LaFount.  That's what I get for answering e-mails at
4 a.m.!