1957 airstaffs

This may bring back some memories-- courtesy of my friend Bill Buchanan, who
wrote a far better radio column than the Globe has these days <g>, here is
the d.j. line-up at the late, lamented WORL in March of 1957.  (Note--
somebody mentioned that Dave Maynard was first at WORL before joining WBZ,
and that's absolutely right...)  WORL had Dave Maynard, Stan Richards, Greg
Finn, Norm Tulin, and Hank Elliott listed as their air-staff (this list is
from a record promoter).  Or, how about another late, great station-- WVDA?
They had a line-up of Joe Smith, Sherm Feller, Earl Gynan, and Lawrence Q.
Lawrence.  And one last look at a station long gone but fondly recalled-- at
WTAO, you would have heard Perry J. Brown, Bob Mehrman, Ed Penney, Ken
Wayne, and Billy Dale.

Any others that people would like me to share with everyone on the list?  I
recall a lot of these announcers, although my station of choice in 1957 was
WCOP (which was doing top-40); my folks preferred WHDH or WBZ...  And while
I am on the subject, I ought to give a mention to Sabby Lewis, who may have
been Boston's first black announcer-- he was on then-WBMS... (so was
'Symphony Sid').

I'm grateful to Bill Buchanan (now retired in Florida) for sending me some
great memorabilia, including some of his Globe radio columns...