FM DX.....

    There is a very brief period around December 21st to the 24th when,
more times than not, E-skip can occur.  I recall one such event on the
night of December 20th and 21th, 1993 when some of the most spectacular
reception came in at my radio room in Stoughton, MA.  This five hour
"opening" netted me the 310,000 watt CITI-FM ("Cee-Tee") 92.1 from
Winnepeg, Manitoba, KKDL (95.1) Detroit Lakes, MN (Fargo, ND),  the
800 watt WNCB (89.3) in Duluth at sign-off (still said  89.1 !) plus
MANY, MANY more.  The opening lasted until 4:00 in the morning.  I
STILL get a "charge" in listening to tapes of that night.  CITI-FM is
my record catch at 1600 miles.  Ah...memories.

- -Pete-

BTW: the NORMAL DX season should be creeping up within the next 3 to 5
weeks from now.

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
P.O. Box 1183                           *                  +
Randolph, Massachusetts 02368-1183      *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +