Boston Globe

On 18 April 1997 at 7:14 am, Ed Hennessey wrote:

>The Globe *did* mention the sale of WNDS and how the programming would
>switch (revert?) to a home shopping network when Global took over.  This
>was probably in January, or so.  Thing is, it was in the sports section,
>because of the probable loss of the candlepin bowling show that had already
>been bumped from WCVB and had found what turned out to be a temporary new
>home on WNDS.  I never saw anything anywhere else.

You mention something pretty intriguing. Sports television/radio writer Jim
Greenidge does a solid job writing his weekly notes column. (Look for it in
today's paper.) While Jim generally gets most of his tips from people in
the broadcast industry instead of looking for stories himself, he is good
with facts and is also a strong writer, covering everything from hockey to
tennis.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting