longevity

Kevin asked:

> So...who holds the honor in Boston for being on the air the longest? (i
>would guess it has to be Jerry Williams, followed by either Gus Saunders
>or Gary LaPierre.

I'm guessing it would be Gus, because he goes back to the Yankee network and
because to my knowledge, he has been on air in this town uninterrupted,
whereas Jerry Williams left for a while.  Actually, Dave Maynard goes back
before Gary LaPierre-- Maynard joined WBZ in 1958 as one of the "Live Five".
Gary didn't join WBZ until 1964.  I assume he worked somewhere before that,
but his recollection for the WBZ anniversary was that his first WBZ
assignment was to cover the Beatles when they arrived for their concert ( it
was at Suffolk Downs, wasn't it?)