FRED CUSICK

     As a kid growing up in Randolph during the "Big Bad Bruins" era
(1970-1974) I recall the many nights the bedroom TV (MY TV !!!) would
be fixed to Channel 38 with my dad and two of my brothers watching the
Bruins games EVERY SINGLE GAME !!!!  My mom had the big color set in
the living room and THAT WAS IT !!!!  I was "second class citizen", being
the youngest of five and had NO say on watch I can watch whether it would
be some stuffy crap on Channel 2 (PBS) with my mom or the Bruins with
the rest of the crew on TV-38.  I opted for the Bruins, instead.  I
slowly got used to the screaming Fred Cusick saying "....the shot, SCORE....
Bobby Orr !!!!!!".  I became a fan !!!  Watching the Bruins win the
Stanley Cup that great year in 1972 was fantastic.  When Phil Esposito
was traded in 1974.....the interest wained.  Slowly, the "iron-men"
of the Bruins quickly faded into oblivion.  But, nonetheless....Fred
Cusick IMHO is the GREATEST TV ANNOUNCER the Bruins ever had.  The late,
the great Don Earle (who was before Cusick joined TV-38) was great in
his own right...but CUsick is a class act and Bruins Hockey will NEVER
be the same.  I know what Derek Sanderson is feeling and I respect his
judgement in leaving the Bruins announcing staff with Cusick's retirement.
You will miss him, too.

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
P.O. Box 1183                           *                  +
Randolph, Massachusetts 02368-1183      *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +