Re: Donna's Book needs title

>Bill P. wrote:
>>in Donna Halper's "History of NE Radio" that everyone wishes she'd write.
>>How about it, Donna!
>Donna Halper wrote:
>I have wanted for years to write a book about the history of New England
>radio, but alas, no publishers for such a venture are interested.  I have a
>chance, maybe, at getting the Mass. Association of Broadcasters to sponsor
>one about the history of Mass. radio (or at least Boston), but again, with
>everyone's book companies being owned by major conglomerates these days, if
>you don't seem like a high profit item, they don't want you.  Now, perhaps
>Bill or someone knows of some scandal that might spice up such a book???

Well, the first thing is the title. It can't say "history of..." anything!
The first title that comes to mind is:
"(From) Payola to Howard Stern -- The Top 40 years of Radio"
You could put Boston Radio or New England Radio but why limit the audience.
Your radio history knowledge perhaps is regional; the potential reader won't
care as long as the facts are straight. You'll have to include the Big Apple
(Murray the K and Allan Freed, etc.)
I think the double entendre (40 years & Top 40) fits really nice.
(I really didn't want to use Howard; it was the only name the eye would catch.)
A more outrageous title: "Payola to Porno -- The Top 40 Years of Radio."
Now for your second book:
"Behind the Scenes of Boston Broadcasting -- Record Hops to Reggae(or maybe
Religion)" by the best-selling author of "Payola to Porno..."
People have said one has to envision the pinnacle, then plan the path!
(say that fast three times[;!)]
Good luck on the manuscript!
A fellow Huskie (have you heard of carrier-current WNEU from the pre-WRBB
days?),
Bill Scott (aka Bill Piacentini)