Re: A Chapter in Donna's Book!?!

Donna Halper wrote:

> I have wanted for years to write a book about the history of New
> England radio, but alas, no publishers for such a venture are
> interested.

Have you looked at any of the local university presses?  It might be
feasible under the premise that you're preserving broadcasting and
New England history.  Then again, the resulting tome might not read
like Rick Sklar; you'd probably have to collaborate with a tenured
professor.

> with everyone's book companies being owned by major conglomerates
> these days, if you don't seem like a high profit item, they don't
> want you.

Now that I think about it, would any of the major trades partially
sponsor such a book?  It's not like it would have to be published
by one of the majors, just published, period.

> Now, perhaps Bill or someone knows of some scandal that might
> spice up such a book???

I could fill a book myself, but no one would believe it. ;)

Take care,

Chris Beckwith, recovering New England air personality