Re: Is WRPT a daytimer???

At 07:22 PM 4/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I know that *I* can't hear them after dark.... But just wanted to make
>sure....
>
>Is WRPT a daytimer?

I've found nothing in the FCC database indicating that WRPT has applied for,
much less been granted, nighttime service. WRPT apparently _does_ have a
post-sunset authority, however--allegedly with 25W. (The database would not
show this.) I think this _should_ keep them on the air with reduced power
_approximately_ from local sunset in Ashland to local sunset in Nashville
(in other words, roughly an extra hour). WRPT has been operating with full
power until one hour after local sunset and then with reduced power for an
additional hour. Unless I don't understand something, this is a
misinterpretation of the terms of the PSSA. Since the misinterpretation is
to the station's advantage, I imagine that they intend to go right on
misinterpreting until they get caught. WRPT should be eligible for authority
to operate at night, but I believe that the night power should be less than
25W--my giess is around 8W.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205