Re: WNDS dies!

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Peter Ferrand wrote:
> WNDS TV-50 Derry, NH "The Winds of New England" was transferred to Ramcast
> this afternoon.
>
> Switch to home shopping service scheduled for midnight tonight.

Did anyone else notice how much WNDS had been promoting itself for the
past few months with spots that highlighted its programming?  I noticed
it shortly after hearing that it was about to go home-shopping.  I
wondered why it was going through all the bother of producing these clips
when it was going to disappear very soon.

One of the last true UHF independents.   RIP WNDS.

Alexander R Svirsky  N1PRW    _______-~,    University of Massachusetts
asvirsky@student.umass.edu   /_______ {     __________Amherst__________
                                     \,}_)
                                       ^ .