Re: Digital TV is coming to a screen near you!

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Mark Shneyder wrote:

> ``Broadcasters are prepared to voluntarily transition to
> digital and high-definition TV faster than we converted from
> black and white to colour TV,'' said Dennis Wharton, spokesman
> for the National Association of Broadcasters. ``Consumers will be
> the big winners once they experience  the wonders of high-defition TV.''

Consumers will be the big losers, as all existing TV sets suddenly become
obsolete in ten years.  And TV set manufacturers may also be big losers
for the short term, as consumers refuse to buy TV sets that will be
unuseable in a few years.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/