Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list

dib9 dib9@aol.com
Thu Dec 28 21:30:06 EST 2023

I will miss this list.  I think I signed on in 1996.  Kind of amazing to think about all that has changed in my life then.  Not only have I not worked in radio in 20 years, I hardly ever listen to radio today.  Dan BillingsSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net> Date: 12/28/23  9:53 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org Subject: Re: Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list The new groups.io list currently has 67 members.   The limit for freegroups there is 100.Signups have slowed down to a trickle, so we should be OK.  There are alsoa few peoplewho have more than one email address on the list, so with some cooperationfrom thenI could squeeze in a few more.For those who have not signed up there and still want to, here is the linkone more time:https://groups.io/g/Boston-Radio-InterestThe group is hidden from public view, so the only way to find it is here inthis archive, or by asking someone else who knows it.Happy New Year to All!BobOn Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 5:29 AM <011010001@interpring.com> wrote:>> Well, some of us are still here.>> Paradoxically, I have far less time than I used to for the mailing lists> I'm on because I'm constantly attending to various radio stations I'm> associated with: WUMB, WHRB, WZBC, my clients in Rhode Island and New> Hampshire, and our stations in the Lebanon/Hanover/White River Junction> market.>> I've enjoyed being part of htis list and will miss it.>> Thanks, and best wishes for 2024!>>> Rob>> On Fri, 1 Dec 2023, Garrett Wollman wrote:>> > <<On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:21:02 -0500, Bob DeMattia <> bob.bosra@demattia.net> said:> >> >> Is there any interest in restarting the function of the list on> groups.io?> >> I'm on that platform for bunch of other lists, and it seems to be clean.> >> Management of a groups.io group takes very little effort.> >> > If anyone wants to do that, they're welcome to.  I will not share the> > subscriber list, however, because (1) I was never given permission to> > do so, and (2) there are a lot of unattended or invalid mailboxes on> > it.> >> > My own interest remains at this point pretty firmly in the history and> > not the present; I can't remember the last time I intentionally put on> > live radio, and that's a big part of why I am trying to wind down the> > most high-effort, low-reward part of bostonradio.org.  (Only a month> > ago I had to shut down the "where am I?" service when the FCC> > discontinued publishing its database in the format the site depended> > on -- before that point, the daily database updates were the> > highest-effort part of the site, but keeping mail delivery working in> > today's Internet is a very close second.)> >> > -GAWollman> >> >>