Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 03:19:42 EST 2023

It is really hard to say goodbye to this list

I spent 99% of my professional career on the TV side of the business but I
had roots in radio simply because I had a First Ticket which I did the work
with the Cleveland Institute of Electronics and not a FCC diploma mill
which were infamous. Late '60s into the '70s a FCC First Phone was more
valuable than a college degree to get your foot in the door.

Over the years we have lost long-time posters -  I think of Dan and
Lawrence in particular but there were many others.

If you were a night owl as I have always been radio was a big part of your
life. I can type WO9-8989 and many of you know exactly what I am referring
to.

I remember being dumbfounded as a teen at a prep school in Woonsocket and
unable to hear WICE Providence which was 13 miles away. I had to learn why.
I remember JJ Jeffrey on WRKO in the winter at pattern change saying
'Goodbye Framingham'. Why did WTOP in Washington and WKBW Buffalo make WMEX
unlistenable at night in Harvard Sq.

I will always cherish the banter we have had here and maybe it will
continue at another location.

Radio as we knew it is not dead but it is on life support.

Garrett thank you for being the caretaker of this list.