Shutdown of boston-radio-interest list

Ric Werme ric@wermenh.com
Fri Dec 1 22:18:32 EST 2023

Ted Larsen wrote:

> This may be too simplistic, but why not more this entire platform to
> Facebook? There are already several Facebook Groups dedicated to radio;
> WBZ, WMEX, NEW ENGLAND RADIO STATIONS and probably many more.

I'm an admin for a couple FB groups.  Both public and private groups run a risk of posts from
various spammers and scammers, so that requires attention.  Having two or three admins to provide
to provide responsive coverage is important.  Ban duct cleaners.  :-)

Bob DeMattia wrote:

>> > Is there any interest in restarting the function of the list on
>> groups.io?
>> > I'm on that platform for bunch of other lists, and it seems to be clean.
>> > Management of a groups.io group takes very little effort.

I'm on one of those, moved over from a Yahoo group.  Seems okay.  I think you just volunteered.

As for me, I joined back when Todd Gross was being pushed out of his lead meteorologist roll at
Channel 7 and I never got around to leaving.  My main relevant radio experience was my first job
while in high school to set up microphones at area churches for remote Sunday broadcasts for WPVL
(Painesville, OH).

These days it's mostly listening to WBZ and their traffic reports - and being glad I live in new
Hampshire!

It has been interesting hearing from the people here who have been around since the olde days like
Donna and Scott.

Whatever happens, I likely won't tag along.  Thanks for all the fish.

  -Ric