The clout of Bruce Bradley

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 22:40:52 EST 2008

Subject: Re: The clout of Bruce Bradley

>>>it was asked--
>>
>>Didn't this bill come out of Markey's (D-Mass) committee?
>
> This is a very long story that began with the deregulation of the industry
> throughout the 1980s, and culminated with Markey's committee in the 90s.

A couple opf times of his congressional career, I've had the opportunity to
be in the presence of Ed Markey, and wanted to ask him what he has done to
keep cable prices nin check....considering they have a virtual monopoly.

I could have sworn at one time, the Cable industry was his pet project.

I haven't heard a word from him on that subject in awhile.

Speeking of Mass politicians.....wasn't Ted Kennedy's pet project health
care for all?

After all his years in the Senate, I would've
expecting....something...anything...