Re: Dick Summer

>Don Kelley wrote:
>During the top 40 days in the 60's WBZ's lineup was:
>
>Carl DeSuze 6 (or whenever he showed up)-9:30
>Dave Maynard 9:30-12:30
>Jay Dunn 12:30-3:30
>Jefferson Kaye/Ron Landry 3:30-6
>Bob Nelson/Bob Kennedy Contact (talk show) 6-8
>Bruce Bradley 8-11:30
>Dick Summer Nightlight 11:30-6 (or whenever Carl showed up)
<snip>

   That was the early '60s lineup. In fact, that was so long ago that,
IIRC, Mr. DeSuze actually was on time most of the time. And you left out
the Guy Parris agriculture-farm report, at I believe, 5:55 a.m. It was the
last remnant on WBZ of the really old-fashioned notion of the Class I /
nowadays Class A stations providing programming to serve the rural
bondocks. Gave you all the egg prices at the Boston market. Good stuff.
Browns were worth more than whites -- it's a Boston thing.

   Toward the mid-60s, they did a change where they had Bruce Bradley start
earlier -- maybe 7 ? -- and go to maybe 10, with the talk show after that.
Or maybe they did that when they were still changing programs at the half
hour (why was that, anyhow?), so maybe it was Bradley 630-930 p.m., talk
930-1130. But I think that at some point with Jerry Williams, he started at
10 and went to 12 or 1 and then I guess that's where Mr. Glick came along
instead of music on the overnight.

 Have you valiantly attempted to patronize the skywave signal of an AM
 Class A station today despite all the illegal interfering signals?