Teen-age Jazz Club?

I was reading through an old issue of Downbeat magazine from November of
1956 and in it, there is an article about the "Teen-Age Jazz Club," which
was founded in April of 1955 by WHDH jock John McLellan-- now, if memory
serves me, didn't he do a jazz show on WHDH for a while?  Anyway, the club
met at Storyville, which I believe was in the Hotel Buckminster in Kenmore
Square, and evidently the Rev. Norman O'Connor was involved with the club
too.  Does this ring any bells with anyone on the list?  I wrote to Bill
Buchanan, former Boston Globe radio editor and a big jazz fan from those
days (he did a jazz show on WBZ in 1956, in fact), but I thought some of
you might also know something about the Teen-age Jazz Club.  The article
claimed the club was up to a membership of 700 young people by late summer
of 1956, and a few well-known jazz musicians had already entertained at
meetings; many of them were performing elsewhere in Boston and dropped in
to perform for the young jazz fans.  Among those who had entertained were
Teddi King, Shelly Manne, Herb Pomeroy, Roy Haynes, and Woody
Herman...While I am sure musical tastes were different in the big band era,
I can't imagine a time in the 50s when teenagers would have been interested
in jazz-- when I was growing up, everybody I knew liked rock and roll and
was listening to top 40.