Re: Very Unusual Commercial Airing Currently on WBZ-AM

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>Many stations refuse to carry issues ads ( they MUST carry ads for
>candidates in most circumstances I believe) even forgoing revenue so
>they won't get mixed up in some non-political controversy, but I
>guess WBZ isn't of that opinion.  It does appear that any commercials
>dealing with public issues are heard on WBZ-AM if nowhere else.

I've heard a number of such ads lately on WBZ.  I live in N.H. so I'm not
familiar with a lot of the politics in Mass., but a month or so ago there
was some sort of political convention & there seemed to be a lot of ads
from labor unions trying to influence delegates (at least that's what it
sounded like).  Your union dues at work.

One would think that the #1 station in Boston would be a little more
selective when it came to such ads...