Very Unusual Commercial Airing Currently on WBZ-AM

It's not unusual to hear negative political commercials on radio and
TV stations, but a spot I heard on WBZ-AM today (06/23) was very unusual...
it was a paid commercial by a non-profit organization excoriating a
firm that runs those AIDS walks, runs, bikerides, etc.  The claim was
made that Pallotta Team Works is a for-profit firm that keeps nearly
80% of the money it collects from donors who think it's a legitimate
charity.  (Let me repeat, I'm describing the claim made in the commercial,
I don't know if it's entirely true).  The commercial closes with a
disclaimer that it was sponsored by the Aids Community Donor Action Committee, URL:

www.aidscommunitydonoraction.org

Many stations refuse to carry issues ads ( they MUST carry ads for
candidates in most circumstances I believe) even forgoing revenue so
they won't get mixed up in some non-political controversy, but I
guess WBZ isn't of that opinion.  It does appear that any commercials dealing with public issues are heard on WBZ-AM if nowhere else.
I wonder if Pallotta Team Works will now have to retaliate and run
countervailing commercials of their own?

Laurence Glavin

Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
http://mail.lycos.com/