RE: WBZ signal?

>Gary F wrote:

>I noticed the same thing today in Dracut, Mass.   The signal was very weak
>and even faded a few times. Sounded to me like they were using the 10,000
>watt rig from Soldiers Field Rd - stereo pilot was also not on this
>afternoon.

        It sounded right in Hartford about 3-4 p.m., yesterday, but I only
had it on for a few minutes.
        Your report of no stereo light might be a clue. The stereo was off
part of the day two Sundays ago, too, but I was in Scituate then. I didn't
note any signal reduction, but I'm not sure you would at that location.
Maybe they're working on something or something in the chain is causing
trouble.
        I'm surprised the 10 kW would be that bad in Dracut, though. They
had a lightning hit in Hull last year and ran the 10 kW for a day or two.
In Conn., it was very weak in the daytime, but barely listenable, because
it was on a clear.

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?