Re: Quebec City AMs

>Kevin Vahey wrote:
>  Just a random thought.......what happens if Quebec finally breaks away
>from the rest of Canada, anybody care to speculate?

        IMO, it's likely very little or nothing would change at least
immediately in connection with the U.S. Quebec more than likely would
accept the existing international broadcast agreements while at the same
time claiming its share of what's allocated to Canada. But that would be an
issue between Quebec and Canada. For example, I imagine Quebec would assert
that Canada could not take existing TV, FM or AM assignments now operating
in Quebec and say, "Those are ours, we're moving them to other cities." I
suppose Quebec might feel the need for a new bilateral agreement with
Canada. I actually don't think Canada would try to do anything like that,
and broadcasting would be about the least of the issues between the two
nations.