Re: I was just thinking...

>For the second question: how many people have degrees in meterology?
>(If we want to talk about peeves, it bothers me more the number of
>broadcast meterologists who can't pronounce the name of their own
>/profession/!)

Scarier, still, are the weather 'readers' who have absolutely _NO_
experience other than operating an umbrella in the rain.  Weather Services
in Bedford is hiring 'voices' who are handed poorly prepared scraps of
'data' from actual meteorolgists and are then instructed to make it flow.
(Where's Bruce????  I'd welcome hearing from him on this one.)

Bill O'Neill