Re: I was just thinking...

<<On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:32:18 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

> approach works best-- how many real people say "the time right now is 7
> o'clock"?  Or "the probility of precipitation is 80%"?

For the first question: at least one.  (I assume I count as a real
person?)

For the second question: how many people have degrees in meterology?
(If we want to talk about peeves, it bothers me more the number of
broadcast meterologists who can't pronounce the name of their own
/profession/!)  Granted, it would be better in that specific example
to say ``there's an 80% chance of [insert precip type here]'', but
that's not always correct.

- -GAWollman

- --