Re: Fw: Upton Bell Firing Article

> >>If indeed
> >>his talent and experience is marketable, and if he has the gift of
> >>entrepreneurship, he should be able to sell the show and make more
money
> >>than he had been paid before.
> >>
> >>A lot of today's radio "stars" who think they're greater than God
will
> have
> >>to re-think that opinion as consolidation continues.  You play....
you pay.

Ouch!  (Do I detect some underlying some supressed feelings???  (!!!).)

And I think that William Taylor can probably run the presses at the
Globe as well too, right? So let's lay the pressman off....  And the
pressman can probably pen a few articles and we can lay off a few
reporters.

Let's face it.  To get a better product....you depend on specialized
employees.

Pressman, reporters, announcers, engineers, salesman (or "account
executives"!)

In smaller "rinky-dink" stations, yes, some employees do multiple jobs..
..

But the product usually suffers some stresses.