WSRO AM 650 HD

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Fri Mar 17 08:53:45 EDT 2023

Here's the story of "Real Jazz 1410" in a nutshell:

Several years ago, Alex bought a defunct AM in Brockton tbat had gone
silent after losing the lease on its transmitter site. He had a friend put
it on the air temporarily on a longwire while he looked for a new site.
He called me and asked me to find something to put on it in the meantime,
so I borrowed 5,000 jazz cuts from WHRB and created a format using them on
a computer I had in a closet. It ran for about a year before Alex built
the Hyde Park site and put the Brazilians on 1410.

Fast forward a few years, and the pandemic struck. Alex lost all his
brokers and had me turn both 650 and 1410, along with 1240 on Cape Cod,
off. Then a few months later he had me put 650 and 1410 back on, and I
dragged the jazz computer out of my closet to feed both stations. 1240 on
the Cape was sold to Bob Bittner, and 650 eventually went classical, but
the jazz stayed on 1410 until the end. I copied the format to one of
Alex's machines and took mine back home.

So, if whoever's nowbin charge wants to go om the air, it could be done
very easily.

Rob