FYI: 'Matty in the Morning' host to make 'big' announcement Tuesday morning

Doug Drown ashboy1951@gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:26:58 EDT 2022

Now that Matty is retiring, I wonder who can now lay claim to having the
greatest longevity at one station in Boston (and, for that matter, New
England) broadcasting?

Bangor's George Hale has been at WABI/WVOM (to which WABI's personalities
and all-talk format were transferred when it went all-sports) for 69
years.  He's now 90, and still does the live weekday morning shift with Ric
Tyler from 5 to 9.  He still does weekday sports commentary on the TV
station as well, and has been there just as long.

Doug