WMBR (formerly WMIT) history and current events

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:52:19 EST 2022

In the mid-1950s, the possibility of an FM license was explored and it
was discovered that the call letters WMIT were (and still are) in use
by a North Carolina station serving the Asheville area. WTBS (for
"Technology Broadcasting System") was chosen as the best alternative.