WHDT Rf 4

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Sun Feb 27 19:07:49 EST 2022

WHDT Rf4, virtual 3.1 went on the air today from the Pru.  Low power
temporary antenna.  Is anybody able to receive it?

Bob

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 6, 2022, 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: WMBR (formerly WMIT) history and current events
To: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com>, Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net>
Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>

Thanks Shawn, Bob, and Kevin for answering my question.  Why it wasn't
called WMIT is something that I've wondered about for many years.

On 1/5/2022 9:52 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

In the mid-1950s, the possibility of an FM license was explored and it
was discovered that the call letters WMIT were (and still are) in use
by a North Carolina station serving the Asheville area. WTBS (for
"Technology Broadcasting System") was chosen as the best alternative.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 9:42 AM Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net>