WBCN, Channel-13, and the old Hancock tower

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Sun Nov 28 23:21:38 EST 2021

Plain text of the response from Maureen Carney:

---
At the beginning of TV (circa 1948 or 49) WHDH applied for channel 13 with
the transmitter on the Hancock Tower. The freeze came along, channel 13
wound up in Portland and WHDH got channel 5.
---

That's a very cool convergence of history and personal memories!

-d

Dave Doherty
Skywaves Consulting LLC
PO Box 11382