RIP Al Perry - former GM of WBCN

Rick Kelly rickkelly@gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:40:32 EST 2021

I don't think it was 1953 for WCRX either. I thought it was more like 1966.
I had a conversation with the Chief Engineer at WAQY when I was there in
the late 1970's, and he said the original plan was to just rebroadcast the
WCRB signal, at 102.5 on 102.1 from Provin Mountain in Agawam MA. However,
in testing the rebroadcast, the WCRB signal was not clearly readable and
overwhelmed by the 102.1 signal. The simulcast from Boston had to be
reconfigured (somehow...)

Rick Kelly