WBUR antennas over the years

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Nov 26 08:37:38 EST 2021

Since the FCC made scans of its history cards available online a few
years ago, it's gotten much easier to trace these bits of history.

According to WBUR's history cards, then:

4/3/50 - license to cover for 380 watts (!) from 84 Exeter St
4/23/51 - 20 kW from 84 Exeter St
7/17/58 - 20 kW/160' from 640 Comm Ave
9/29/76 - 22.5 kW/260' from 765 Comm Ave (Law School Bldg.)

The move to 1165 Chestnut happened after the end of the history cards in
1980. I believe it was licensed there at 7.2 kW/305m in Dec. 1987. And
the move to the Cedar Street tower was just a few years ago, licensed
8/9/17 with 8.6 kW/358m.