American Top 40 in the Boston market

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 22:44:11 EST 2021

 I was finally able to locate the date... my original guess of 1990 was off by a year.  The first American Top 40 Show distributed on CD was the weekend of July 1, 1989.  Shannon Lynn's website (www.charismusicgroup.com) has the cue sheets posted for that show, along with instructions for affiliates on how to "operate" the CDs.  The show also appears to have had a limited number distributed on vinyl beyond this date as well.  The last reference to vinyl distribution is made in the Jan 6, 1991 show.
As far as the show "Caseys's Top 40" goes, that was distributed on vinyl through the weekend of February 29, 1992.  The first show distributed on CD was the weekend of March 7, 1992.
Matthew OsborneWest Sand Lake, NY