American Top 40 in the Boston market

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Mar 2 10:03:43 EST 2021

It was more than a loose affiliation... until Westinghouse bought CBS in
'95, the ABC affiliation was our primary one and we did a lot with them,
including having Gary LaPierre fill in for Paul Harvey and having WBZ
talent appear on ABC newscasts. When I started in 1992, the only other
affiliations we had were CNN Radio and the AP audio service.

So it's very possible that WBZ had first refusal on AT40 - and in its
full-service days, it fit decently with the format.