1390 WPLM MA

Mark Connelly markwa1ion@aol.com
Sun Feb 7 15:41:43 EST 2021

 Reference: https://zipsignal.v-soft.com/ (for zip code 02660)

3.95 mV/m (day), 3.73 mV/m (night) for 1390 WPLM clearly is out of touch with current reality.

I measure 1390 WPLM at 13-15 dB weaker than 1360 WLYN.

V-Soft gives WLYN 1.26 mV/m.

Doing the math 20*log(3.95/1.26), WPLM should be nearly 10 dB STRONGER than WLYN.

So the observed difference equates to about 23 dB less signal than expected from WPLM.

If the 3.95 mV/m value is based on 5 kW then the current power would be in the sub 100 watt range. It seems nonsensical for 1390 to be on at that power since the FM on 99.1, always with the same programming, is a full power station, not a peashooter translator. There is absolutely nowhere the AM goes that the FM does not cover much better.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION | South Yarmouth, MA | FN41vq

Receiver: Elad FDM-S2 SDR

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@comcast.net>
To: badx@groups.io <badx@groups.io>; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>; irca@groups.io <irca@groups.io>; nrc-am@googlegroups.com <nrc-am@googlegroups.com>; capedx@groups.io <capedx@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Feb 7, 2021 2:47 pm
Subject: Re: [badx] 1430 WKOX MA relocated transmitter site?

  The NRC Dx News shows a WPLM STA extension  for U3 2500/2500 or less, night pattern 24h.
I have also seen in the recent past WKOX CP to move to the WROL site as you stated.
 Get Outlook for iOS  From: badx@groups.io <badx@groups.io> on behalf of MarkWA1ION via groups.io <MarkWA1ION=aol.com@groups.io>