650 AM All Digital

Tim Gordon tgordo49@gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:43:20 EST 2021

Yes, and I've been impressed that at night I still get an almost constant
HD indicator, and a listenable signal out in these parts cutting in & out
about 50% of the time, as I drive around. This time (last night) was
different, a complete shut down of their transmitter as far as I could
tell, and at 6:47pm which is 2+ hours after sunset. Maybe they went back to
non-HD for some reason? That'd be a different change, too. Curious!
I thought someone here might know what their bigger game plan for their
format is shaping up to be...
But they're back on today, and for the first time I've heard some air
checks along the lines of, "AM 650, Boston's True Jazz station, WSRO" and
the like. Seems to be programming that's a little different than what Rob
L. had mentioned that he'd arranged, I think?
--Tim