WTAG-TV

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 00:11:15 EDT 2020

      In a 1998 article about the 50th anniversary of WNHC- / WTNH-TV, the Hartford Courant quoted the late Mike Collins, a walking encyclopedia of broadcasting history, as saying that the station was moved to 8 in 1953 because of interference to 6 in Philadelphia. There are other sources, too. WNHC was one of a group of stations reassigned after the FCC  ended the TV license freeze in 1952. The freeze had been imposed mainly because of the unanticipated interference problems between some  of the early stations.