AM in Boston after WW II was: WBZ-AM Allston backup is no more

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 00:44:02 EDT 2020

 Kevin Vahey wrote:>
> 590 WEEI - Covered the market well plus the Merrimack Valley and South Shore - Only 5kw but at 590 that wasn't an issue - The weakness was in what would become Metro West because of WTAG at 580

    It's always been a mystery to me that two stations both started around 1925 ended up on first adjacent channels despite being located so close to one another. It's hard to figure why in those early days, when frequency assignments were shuffled around often and there were few stations on the air yet, some other arrangement was not made.